What makes an Optical Boutique? The initial answer many give is: “pretty frames”. That, by itself, is only a small part of the formula which needs to be met to be able to make the claim.
The characteristics associated with a true Optical Boutique are:
- The recognition that the definition involves Frames and Lenses.
- The presence of appropriate frame lines for the locality and collective style of the area served by the office.
- Leading edge frame and lens styles/options for the innovators and early adaptors.
- A range of frame price points and styles which allows any patient to feel comfortable with their selections.
- Quality manufacturing of all materials.
- Professional Optician/staff who will not settle for ‘close enough’ with the available frame selections/color/styles. The recognition of the unique needs of each patient. The Wilcox Eye Center has a depth of knowledge of the frame lines and lens options to appropriately guide the patient to success. As needed, the WEC will procure new frame option(s) for an individual patient to consider before the final selection.
- An awareness of face shape and patient colors so the appropriate frame designs/styling/colors will be selected by the patient for their long-term happiness with their purchase.
- A confident working knowledge of the various lens options and manufacturers which the staff uses to focus a lens-per-patient decision tree rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Using a lifestyle dispensing approach so, when desired or needed, a single frame-lens conclusion will work well for the patient’s vocation and avocation.
- A reasonable and fair warranty which favors the patient.
- Free frame adjustments at any time for those who have purchased materials from the WEC as well as those who have not yet been so privileged.
- A clean, warm and attractive environment.
- Celebrating each patient’s final conclusion in their eyewear selections.
We are happy to report that the Wilcox Eye Center (WEC) both meets and exceed all of these standards. We look forward to helping you again or for the first time.
Some of the frame lines carried by the Wilcox Eye Center are:
- Cool Clip
- Costa Del Mar
- Diva Thierry Mugler
- Joan Reno
- Kate Spade
- and many more…
- Jessica McClintock
- Super Flex
- Kate Spade
- Wiley X
- Ray Ban